Agitated, bothered, and at times combative, both Doe 9 and 12 came determined to avoid answering difficult and incriminating questions posed by defense attorneys. Yet, gruesome revelations in the sworn testimonies of the two Does in Day 3 of preliminary hearings verified and vindicated CMP’s investigative journalism work.
- The AG’s office and the defense played undercover CMP footage of former PPLA and PPFA official Doe 9. When asked if the videos depicted her conversation with Daleiden and Merritt accurately, Doe 9 said yes.
- Doe 9 refused to acknowledge or explain her statements on the undercover video describing using ultrasound guidance to flip a baby in the womb to breech position in order to extract it with the head intact for brain harvesting and then saying, “We’ve been pretty successful with that, I’d say.” A clearly irritated Doe 9 pretended to not understand the question and refused to give a direct answer about the meaning of her words.
- Defense attorneys moved to impeach Doe 9, twice, for lying under oath in yesterday’s proceedings and contradicting her prior sworn testimony. Doe 9’s prior admissions in her under-oath deposition in the federal civil case against CMP contradicted her sworn testimony on the witness stand in the AG’s state case.
- Doe 12 of StemExpress volunteered information about StemExpress in an answer to the AG’s office, claiming the organization has grown in size over the years.
- Doe 12 claimed her public restaurant dinner meeting with Daleiden and Merritt was private and that StemExpress presented Daleiden with an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before the meeting which Daleiden and Doe 12 signed. In cross-examination, defense produced the email showing the NDA was sent and signed almost a month after the dinner. Doe 12 stumbled and could not explain the discrepancy.
- After CMP released the StemExpress videos in 2015, StemExpress publicly denied their authenticity to the public and to Congress. But under oath on the witness stand, Doe 12 testified that the documents shown in CMP videos are authentic StemExpress documents.
- Before founding StemExpress, Doe 12 was a tissue procurement technician for Advanced Bioscience Resources, responsible for collecting and harvesting baby body parts from Planned Parenthood. In her sworn testimony, Doe 12 admitted that when a fetal brain is able to be harvested, it is because the baby’s head may still be attached to the body after being pulled out of the womb. When confronted with her statements on undercover video about shipping “intact cases”, she also did not deny that StemExpress harvests and transfers unborn children from completely intact abortions.
Proceedings resume at 9:00 A.M. Tuesday, September 10, in Department 10 of the San Francisco Superior Court, 850 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CA 94103.