Sworn testimony continued with multiple Planned Parenthood witnesses today in the California Attorney General’s unprecedented video recording case against CMP investigators David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt. Key moments included:
- Doe 3, a famous 3rd-trimester abortion doctor, referred to David Daleiden as “an affable young man”
- Doe 3 described herself as a public figure and very open about her controversial late-term abortion work, and was proud of her role in a widely-publicized documentary film about late-term abortion
- When asked about StemExpress, Doe 3 claimed not to remember the company, but when questioned further, she acknowledged that workers from a procurement company that resold fetal organs and tissues made visits to the Planned Parenthood Mar Monte clinic she worked at in Fresno, CA
- Doe 3 testified there was no way to know whether individual representatives at an Exhibit Booth at the National Abortion Federation trade show were pro-life or pro-choice
- The Attorney General’s office, at the sudden prompting of Planned Parenthood, switched the order of witnesses so that Doe 9 would take the stand in the afternoon instead of Doe 10. This last-minute swap appeared orchestrated to interfere with the Defense, who had been preparing for Doe 10.
- Doe 9 refused to give a direct answer to questions about what she meant by her description of a method to obtain intact fetal heads by flipping the position of the baby to feet-first before extraction, the hallmark of illegal partial-birth abortions
- Twitter briefly suspended, and then reinstated, CMP’s Twitter access after Planned Parenthood lawyers falsely described CMP’s tweets reporting on the public hearing as “live streaming” the hearing
Proceedings resume at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow, September 5, in Department 10 of the San Francisco Superior Court, 850 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CA 94103.