Top Planned Parenthood’s top abortion doctors and abortion industry-big wigs descend on San Francisco this week to testify under oath on the witness stand, live and in public, for the first time since CMP’s undercover video series documenting Planned Parenthood leadership harvesting and selling aborted fetal organs and tissues. Key moments in the sworn testimony on Day 1 included:
- The Attorney General’s office, which is prosecuting the unprecedented case launched by now-presidential candidate Kamala Harris, focused almost entirely on the security and application process for National Abortion Federation trade shows.
- But the AG’s primary witness, Melissa Fowler, VP of External Affairs for NAF, admitted she had no responsibility for NAF security or trade show management since she started with NAF in 2006.
- NAF’s Exhibitor Rules and Regulations did not prohibit video recording at the time the undercover videos were filmed. Fowler refused to acknowledge video recording was never mentioned in the Rules and Regulations presented to exhibitors at the time of application.
- Fowler admitted meeting with CA Attorney General’s office in April to discuss questions the prosecutors would ask in the Preliminary Hearing. Fowler also admitted she was being paid as an employee of NAF to attend and testify and NAF was paying for her travel, showing the third-party abortion trade group’s outside interest in the proceedings.
- With more than a decade working with abortion doctors, vendors, and others at NAF, Fowler claimed she does not know what a fetal tissue procurement organization is, even though she recognized StemExpress as a repeat NAF vendor.
- Doe 7, a non-physician who performed surgical abortions for Planned Parenthood Northern California, testified that she provided fetal tissue from the abortions she did at Planned Parenthood as a regular occurrence.
- When asked if she had ever heard of StemExpress, Doe 7 said she had heard of cases in which StemExpress was involved and money was exchanged. StemExpress and Planned Parenthood Northern California are both under ongoing FBI and U.S. Department of Justice investigation for selling fetal organs and tissue against the law.
- The defense presented Doe 7 with video evidence of her conversation with David Daleiden and she admitted numerous third parties could overhear the conversation.
- Doe 7 could not identify Daleiden in the courtroom as the person who spoke with her and claims not to remember him.
- The testimony of Doe 3, a 3rd-trimester abortion doctor, began with the Attorney General’s office playing a nearly 20-minute-long, never before released undercover video of a conversation with her. The Defense will cross examine Doe 3 tomorrow morning about her shocking statements on the video.
CMP founder and project lead David Daleiden notes, “Planned Parenthood abortion providers appeared under oath in court today and admitted supplying the body parts of children in the womb to for-profit brokers like StemExpress. Meanwhile, the Vice President of the National Abortion Federation denied any knowledge of the gruesome trafficking in fetal body parts, despite hosting StemExpress as a major vendor at the trade shows. The first day of testimony confirmed what we have been saying all along—this is a biased attack on First Amendment civil rights and a political prosecution to shield Planned Parenthood from accountability for their crimes against women and children.”
Proceedings resume at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow, September 4, in Department 10 of the San Francisco Superior Court, 850 Bryant Street, San Francisco, CA 94103.